Sunday 18 April 2010

Jabs and pills

Medical preparation is very important to consider before going anywhere. It's essential to get all your vaccinations and pills before departing. Today I'll be getting all my booster shots for everything from hepatitis to yellow fever. There are about 10 different diseases that I need boosters for in addition to the malaria and altitude sickness pills. It's also important to note that many countries have nationalized healthcare so if I break an arm or something I won't have to worry about an massive bill. Also, most of what we call "presciption meds" don't require prescriptions in many countries. I learned that firsthand in Brazil when I got traveler's diarrhea and needed meds. Speaking of which, I never want traveler's diarrhea ever again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment