Saturday 17 April 2010

I've got a year...where do I go?

Choosing where to go for a year is a fun and frustrating process. Fun because you'll actually be going to these places and not just reading about them . Frustrating because you want to go to all of them but you can't. For me, the biggest factors were location, weather, things to do, and budget. Many of the places  I'm going to are classic backpacker stops, but I'm sure at some points I'll go even further off the beaten path and find a truly unspoilt place. Despite the onslaught of globalization, places like that still do exist. Trust me.
So after looking at google maps for hours at a time, I've narrowed down my list to the following (in order):
Asia: S. Korea, China, Tibet, Nepal, India, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia
Oceania: Bali, Australia, New Zealand
South America: Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia
Central America: Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Belize, Mexico
Other than Australia and New Zealand, all the other locations are cheap. And for the most part, I can travel cheaply between places by bus, train, or ferry. Hell, I might even take the 24 hr long ferry from Incheon, S. Korea to Tianjin, China. It's significantly cheaper than flying. And I'll be on a motherfucking boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment