Saturday 18 August 2012

The "Is This Your Ring?" Scam in Paris

The approximate location where she tried to scam me.
If any Gypsy looking women come up to you holding a ring or jewelry that they magically found on the gruond and ask if it's yours...ignore them and walk away! Chances are that while you inspect the supposed "lost" property they'll pick your pockets clean. I was walking alone towards Les Invalides around 09:30 when a Gypsy lady walking towards me suddenly bent down within a metre of me and pretended to pick up a ring. Mind you, there wasn't anyone else around. She then walked towards me and tried to pretend like she suddenly found it but I just ignored her and walked on. Just 10 min earlier I saw a different lady try the same thing on someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment