Thursday 23 June 2011

Cremorne Reserve, North Sydney

I finally got my road bike sent over to Sydney and went for a ride over the Harbour Bridge on Sunday. I didn't have any destination in mind but after looking at google maps for a while it seemed like the southern tip of Cremorne Reserve would have provide a great view of the harbour. What I didn't know was that the road leading there was full of hills. Wycombe Road is a massive hill and I had to stop a few times to rest my legs. After not riding for a year I really felt the burn! After a sweaty ride and a short stroll from the ferry landing to the tip, I found what I came for :

For those who aren't keen on climbing hills on a bicycle, Cremorne Reserve can be reached by ferry and bus. There's a children's playground, plenty of grassy areas, park benches, and a short nature walk through the reserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment