Saturday 6 November 2010

The Mekong Delta Tour

This menu appears less than ecological to me.
The 1 day Mekong Delta tour isn't worth your time. Trust me. It's a 1.5 hr drive from Saigon to the Mekong Delta, followed by riding a boat across the delta to a couple of islands set up for tourists where they try to sell you honey, pollen, coconut candy, traditional music cd's, handicrafts, traditional alcohol, and all sorts of exotic meat. The only time we weren't being sold something was when we were in transport on the bus, on the boat, and when we went for a short 20 minute cycling ride on the last island. The included lunch was white rice, a few pickled vegetables, bland vegetable soup, and a small (~25gram) piece of lightly fried and salted pork. It was the second worst meal I had in all of Vietnam. I only had one other horrible meal and that was at a highway rest stop where I got a really dodgy pork sandwich which left a bad taste in my mouth for hours. Seriously, save your 8USD (we paid 7.5USD at Eraviet Travel because we were a group of 5) and find something else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment